Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Recipe for a whole wheat bread

Hope you read my introductory post... I have been thinking what to do next, I could describe all those technical details first, but that could have you bogged down without seeing the objective. So, I would give my bread recipe in full in the beginning - but without the correct process, you will not get a good bread. So, I would like to know if anyone succeed with their methods...

The basic recipe for two breads - yield ~550 grams each:
Total flour : 700 grams (See details below)
Total added water: 420 grams (60% of total flour), includes water for yeast proving.
Sugar: 2.5 tablespoons (30 g)
salt : 1.5 teaspoons
Cake yeast : ~15 grams
Ghee / Oil : 2 tablespoons (~25g)
Additives: Bread Improver(half tablespoon), GMS Powder (one teaspoon), L-Ascorbic acid (one small pinch) (Bread can be made without these additives too...)
Flour Composition: 250 grams white flour, 40 grams Gluten, Balance whole wheat flour with typical 12% protein. If the percentage of protein in your flour is different, the gluten (which is almost 100% wheat protein) is adjusted.

Will describe the basic process in the next post.

1 comment: